Friday, January 23, 2009

Inaugural Poem of the day: “Praise Song for the Day,” written and recited by Elizabeth Alexander

I think that the title "Praise Song for the Day" means that on the day of the inauguration they had to praise all the people of history who wanted to see change and to see an African-American become the president of the United States of America.

The poem made me feel proud to be living in the United States. Made me feel a little amotional.

I loved when Elizabeth said " Someone is stitching up a hem, darning a hole in a uniform, patching a tire, repairing the things in need of repair," that stanza made me realize that she was talking about the past.

I noticed that the poet used 3 line stanzas, alliteration, symbolism.

This poem relates to the inauguration and Obama because they talk about they past and how Barack Obama became the prsident of the United States.

I can relate this to my life a little bit.

No comments: